Firefighters Rescue Hiker Who Fell From Top of Raven Cliff Waterfall

News

CLEVELAND, Ga – An unidentified hiker was injured Wednesday when he fell from the top of the waterfall area of Raven Cliff at about 3 p.m.

White County Public Safety Director David Murphy said in an email that the hiker had gone to the top of the falls where he slipped and fell onto the last ledge before the main drop of the falls (approximately 55 foot vertical drop). White said firefighters from White County’s Stations 2 and 3 with mutual aid from the City of Helen Fire Department and Lee Arrendale Fire Brigade responded to the call and removed the hiker from the falls to an area where Georgia State Patrol aviation using a Bell 429 helicopter with a hoist extracted the hiker and transported him to White County Med 2 where he was further evaluated and then transported to Northeast Georgia Medical Center for treatment.

White said the injuries are believed to be non-life threatening.

Author

Fire Destroys Home on Pine Brook Trail

News

DAVID MURPHY JR.CLEVELAND, Ga. – A fire at 38 Pine Brook Trail in White County completely destroyed a mobile home early Thursday morning but the occupants escaped unharmed.

White County Public Safety Director David Murphy said in an email that White County Fire Services from Stations 2 and 3 responded to a 911 call at approximately 2:40 a.m. along with mutual aid from the City of Cleveland and Lee Arrendale Fire Brigade.

When the first unit arrived firefighters reported flames showing on the southeast corner of the residence.  Firefighters quickly knocked down the fire, but the residence will be deemed a total loss.

The fire is currently under investigation.

Author

White County Firefighters Kept Busy Monday

News

CLEVELAND, Ga. — White County firefighters were kept busy Monday. After they responded to an early morning blaze at Piney Mountain Ammunition Company they were called to a residential fire at 412 Briarwood Drive in Cleveland in the afternoon.

White County Public Safety Director David Murphy said fire units from White County, the City of Cleveland and Lee Arrendale fire brigade arrived to find smoke inside the residence, which originated from an electric stove. They shut off the power to the residence, cleared the smoke and contacted the landlord.

One male subject on scene had to be checked by EMS, but did nor require transport to a hospital.

Author

FetchYourNews.com - Dedicated to serve the needs of the community. Provide a source of real news-Dependable Information-Central to the growth and success of our Communities. Strive to encourage, uplift, warn, entertain, & enlighten our readers/viewers- Honest-Reliable-Informative.

News - Videos - TV - Marketing - Website Design - Commercial Production - Consultation

Search

FetchYourNews.com - Citizen Journalists - A place to share “Your” work. Send us “Your” information or tips - 706.276.NEWs (6397) 706.889.9700 chief@FetchYourNews.com

Back to Top