WHITE COUNTY, Ga. – The Board of Commissioners will introduce Derrick Canupp, the new Director of Public Works, and Kimberly McEntire, the new Director of Parks and Recreation, when it meets Monday, Nov. 29 at 4:30 p.m. in the County Administration Building.
Other agenda items the Board will consider include:
- The land use application filed by Benjamin and Samantha Boatright for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for 1.78 acres locatedat355 Chastain Road in Sautee Nacoochee to be placed in the short-term rental program;
- The land use application filed by Charlene Kent to request a CUP on 3.58 acres located at 4845 Hwy. 255 South in Cleveland to be placed in the short-term rental program;
- The land use application filed by Paul Seabolt to request a variance from Appendix C XXII definition of terms/cemetery family plots for property located on one acre at Hwy. 284 in Cleveland;
- The Tax Release Application filed by Jimmy and Pamela Bedingfield for property located at 555 Monroe Ridge Road in Sautee Nacoochee;
- Adoption of County Resolution 2021-11, approving the surplus of 5 White County Sheriff’s Office vehices;
- A presentation by Elections Supervisor Akyn Bailey regarding the Street Maintenance Process in the Elections Department;
- A staffing update from Scott Masters, Director of Emergency Medical Services and Bill Scandrett, EMS Manager;
- A request by the White County Fire Department to issue a request for proposal for a replacement fire engine (1998 GMC C-8500);
- Award of a contract for the installation of Airport Road bridge;
- Award a contract for the inspection and testing on the Airport Road Bridge installation project to Southern Geotechnical Consultants;
- Approval of a Change Order for the contract with Colwell Construction for improvements to Redd Road and Bolton Road;
- Designation of the resurfacing of Asbury Mill Road as a 2022 Georgia Department of Transportation Local Maintenance and Improvement Grant project.