FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. – County commissioners will have a very busy day Monday (July 26.) At 8:30 a.m. they will hold the first of three public hearings on the proposed 2021 millage rate, followed by a work session and called meeting at 4:30 p.m. and the second public hearing on the millage rate at 6 p.m.
During the 4:30 work session, commissioners will consider the following:
- The land use application filed by John and Amy Crow to request a conditional use permit at 1196 Deer Woods Trail to be placed into the short term rental program;
- The land use application filed by Kenneth Paul Clark to redistrict property located at 180 Briarcliff Lane in Cleveland from R-1 to R-3 to be placed into the short-term rental program;
- The Sheriff’s request for SPLOST funding for eight vehicles with equipment, security cameras for the detention center and an x-ray machine for the courthouse;
- A resolution approving the joint comprehensive plan update;
- Approval of 11 annual agency contracts;
- Adoption of a resolution for ratification of the Board of Elections By-laws;
- A discussion of the tax commissioner’s office renovation project.