Kitchen Fire on River Run Causes Minor Damage


CLEVELAND, Ga. – Ana Newberry, spokeswoman for White County Fire Services, reported a residential fire at 425 River Forest Run Wednesday afternoon.

Newberry said upon arrival of the first fire unit, firefighters saw smoke coming from the front door of a two-story, wood frame structure. They shut off the propane to the structure while conducting a walk around. Upon entry to the home, they found that there was a small fire in the kitchen.

They set up a positive pressure ventilation fan to remove the smoke.  The fire was contained to the kitchen cabinets with little fire damage to the main floor. The structure was checked with a thermal imaging camera and all was clear.

After the fire was extinguished, fire personnel removed as much water and debris from the structure as possible. Habersham Electric Membership Coop was contacted and decided to pull the meter, cutting off power to the residents due to possible electrical dangers.

There was no one home at the time of the fire. However, the smoke alarms were operational and sounding upon arrival of firefighters. There were no injuries and the homeowner declined Red Cross assistance because he has family in the area to stay with.

It was determined that the fire started with candle that had been left unattended and ignited the kitchen cabinets.




Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at




Leave a comment - Dedicated to serve the needs of the community. Provide a source of real news-Dependable Information-Central to the growth and success of our Communities. Strive to encourage, uplift, warn, entertain, & enlighten our readers/viewers- Honest-Reliable-Informative.

News - Videos - TV - Marketing - Website Design - Commercial Production - Consultation

Search - Citizen Journalists - A place to share “Your” work. Send us “Your” information or tips - 706.276.NEWs (6397) 706.889.9700

Back to Top