Fire Chief cautions proper use of space heaters

Business

PRESS RELEASE

WHITE COUNTY, Ga. — At 1:10AM on Wednesday, Oct. 20, White County Fire with mutual aid from the City of Cleveland were dispatched to 272 Tulip Trail in Cleveland for a reported single-family dwelling fire.  Occupants reported sparks coming from an electrical outlet.  Fire units on the scene found no fire, and no damage.  Units returned in-service shortly after arrival.

Chief Weaver of White County Fire Services wishes to take this opportunity to remind our customers to properly and safely use space heaters according to the manufacturer directions.  Do not overload receptacle outlets with too many devices into a single outlet and to properly use extension cords.   This is the time of the year to make sure your chimney is clean and to burn only dry wood in your fireplace.  Time is about to change, and with clocks rolling back its time to check those valuable smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries.

If you have any questions or need guidance on improving your home safety, please contact our office at 706-865-9500.

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to Top