WHITE COUNTY, Ga. — White County Fire Services was dispatched to a chimney fire at 553 Monroe Ridge Drive at 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 26th.
Firefighters arrived on scene and found a 2,000 square foot rental cabin 30 percent involved with fire through the roof, firefighters made a defensive attack until more personnel arrived. Then firefighters made an interior attack and extinguished the fire. Stations 7, 3, Helen Fire and Lee Arrendale Fire Brigade along with CERT Rehab Unit responded. No injuries were reported.