WHITE COUNTY, Ga. – The White County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing and called meeting Monday (June 15) at 4:30 p.m.
Finance Director Jodi Ligon will present the proposed fiscal year 2020-2021 budget which call a balanced overall budget of $24,744,021 and a general fund budget of $19,778,496. There are no increases in the 2020 departmental budgets with the exception of an increase in employee insurance premiums of $733,495. The increase in premiums will not be passed along to employees.
The public will then be given an opportunity to speak in favor of or in opposition to the proposal before commissioners conduct the final vote.
Commissioners will also consider the following:
- A surplus resolution for the Sheriff’s Office;
- A land use application filed by Samuel and Louise Hersey to request a conditional use permit on one acre located at 433 Laurel Ridge Road in Cleveland to be placed in the short-term rental program;
- Mid-year board appointments to the White County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors;
- White County DFACS Board;
- White County CVB Board of Directors; Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities.
The Board will also consider approval and/or the renewal of the following contracts:
- Rushton & Company, LLC letter of engagement fot the fiscal year 2019-2020 financial audit;
- Chattahoochee Group for landscaping at Freedom Park;
- Unlimited Lawn Care for treatment of all athletic fields at Asbestos Road Parks and Recreation Complex, Yonah Preserve Ballfield Complex and Tesnatee Sports Complex;
- Avita Community Partners (Mental Health) General Fund;
- County Health Department General Fund;
- Enotah Court Appointed Special Advocates – General Fund;
- Family Connections – General Fund; Sautee Nacoochee Community Association
- Hotel/Motel Tax Fund;
- White County Board of Library Trustees – General Fund; White County Development Authority; White County Historical Society Hotel/Motel Tax Fund.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. FYN attracts 300,000+ page views per month, 3.5 million impressions per month and approximately 15,000 viewers per week on FYNTV.com and up to 60,000 Facebook page reach. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com