CLEVELAND, Ga. – The White County Board of Commissioners will vote on a resolution to be presented to the Georgia General Assembly for the creation of a Board of Elections and Registration when it meets in a combined work session and regular meeting Monday (Dec. 2) at 4:30 p.m. in the County Administration Building.
Commissioners will also consider approval of a resolution for Fiscal Year 2019-’20 for amendments to the Drug Abuse Treatment and Education Fund (D.A.T.E.)
The Board will consider a number of land use applications, including:
- A request by Shannon Adams to redistrict .58 acres at 325 Hwy. 255 North in Sautee from Community Commercial District (C-1) to Commercial Highway Business (C-2);
- A request by Todd Anderson to redistrict 4 acres on Hester Road from Agriculture Forestry District (A-1) to Residential Single-Family District (R-3);
- A request by Rolando and Dailis Cabrera to redistrict .5 acres at 20 Kacey’s Lane in Helen from Residential Single-Family District (r-1) to Residential Family District (R-3);
- A request by Bryan and Theresa Hamilton for a conditional use permit for 9.45 acres at 6394 Duncan Bridge Road in Cleveland to be placed in the short-term rental program;
- A request by Mihai Marin for a conditional use permit for 7.54 acres at 164 Carolina Springs Road in Sautee Nacoochee to use as a wedding/tourism event center;
- A request by Robert McClure for 6.7 acres at 1111 Satterfield Road in Cleveland to be placed in the short-term rental program;
- A request by David Schutt for 3.16 acres at 3215 Hwy. 75 Alternate in Cleveland to be placed in the short-term rental program;
- A request by Matthew Sieveking to redistrict 4 acres at 76 Ralph Vandiver Road from Residential Single-Family District (R-1) to Highway Business District (C-2).
Commissioners will consider a request from the White County Historic Preservation Committee for a timeline extension for development of a historic district overlay.
The Board will also consider approval of funds for the Mauney Building renovation project.
Georgia Power Area Manager Brent Edwards will present a contribution to the Yonah Preserve Playground Project.
The Board will introduce the Sheriff’s Office new code enforcement officer Stephen Sayer.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. FYN attracts 300,000+ page views per month, 3.5 million impressions per month and approximately 15,000 viewers per week on FYNTV.com and up to 60,000 Facebook page reach. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com