During the work session, commissioners will hold two public hearings. The first is to consider the application for a land use permit submitted by Todd Campbell to redistrict 3.2 acres located at 1617 Hwy. 115 East from Community Commercial District (C1) to Highway Business District (C2).
The second public hearing is to consider the application for a land use permit filed by Tina M. Della for 1.66 acres located at 373 Yonah Mountain Road. The proposed use is to place the property in a “Rent by Owner” program. The present use is Residential Single Family District (R1).
Commissioners will also consider awarding contracts to for senior services, animal control/veterinary services and scoreboards for ball fields at Mount Yonah Preserve.
The Board will also:
- Hear the presentation of a proclamation in recognition of Retired Educators Day;
- Hear an update of the Chestate/Chattahoochee RC&D Council activities;
- Consider contributing to the “Cabin Fever Campaign” to relocate a historic Appalachian log cabin to the visitor’s center at Smithgall Woods State Park;
- Hear a n update of the SPLOST program;
- Discuss options for a scholarship program at White County Parks and Recreation Department;
- Discuss approval for the 2018 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant program application for the Appalachian Regional Drug Enforcement Office (ARDEO);
- Discuss revisions to the fire recover fee schedule in accordance with revised Federal Emergency Management Agency standards;
- Discuss submitting Westmoreland Road repairs for the 2019 local maintenance and improvement program (LMIG) for deep patching, leveling and resurfacing from Hwy. 129 to Hwy. 154;
- Discuss awarding two certificates of deposit currently held by United Community Bank;
- Discuss changes to the Alliant/Health Partners Network effecting county employees access to Northeast Georgia Diagnostic Clinic providers;
- Discuss an appointment to the White County Board of Health to fulfill the remainder of a six-year term previously held by Emmett Shotts.
Immediately following the work session, commissioners will hold a called meeting to consider entering into an executive session in order to discuss personnel.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. FYN attracts 300,000+ page views per month, 3.5 million impressions per month and approximately 15,000 viewers per week on FYNTV.com and up to 60,000 Facebook page reach. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com