WHITE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Monday, January 29, 2018 – Work Session: The White County Board of Commissioners will hold a Work Session on Monday, January 29, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. in the Board Room at the Administration Building. The deadline for submitting agenda requests for this meeting is Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Agenda requests must be submitted to Michael Melton, County Manager email@example.com and copied to Shanda Murphy, County Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, February 5, 2018 – Regular Meeting: The White County Board of Commissioners will hold a Regular Meeting on Monday, February 5, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. in the Board Room at the Administration Building.
Mr. Michael Melton, county manager of White County, is pleased to announce Ms. Barbara Prevost Overton will be joining the staff of White County Government as the director of senior services on Monday, Dec. 4, 2017. Ms. Overton will be assuming this role as a result of the upcoming retirement of Ms. Bonnie York. Ms. Overton previously served as the coordinator for the Meals on Wheels program at the Habersham County Senior Center and her background is in non-profit program management, including nine years with the Atlanta Community Food Bank. She possesses a bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt University and a master’s degree from Florida State University. Locally, she serves on the Family Promise Board of Directors and as a volunteer at the Sautee Nacoochee Community Association. “We are extremely pleased to have Barbara Overton join our staff and believe she will be a welcome addition with her history of strong leadership, management and community involvement,” Michael Melton said.
WHITE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
COMBINED WORK SESSION & REGULAR MEETING OF
MONDAY, JUNE 26, 2017 AT 4:30 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
3. INVOCATION – PASTOR CHERYL KENNEDY, THE BRIDGE CHURCH & WHITE COUNTY MINISTERIAL ALLIANCE.
4. CONSIDER ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES OF THE JUNE 5, 2017 BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING & REGULAR MEETING, THE JUNE 6, 2017 YONAH PRESERVE PLANNING MEETING, AND THE JUNE 12, 2017 CALLED MEETING.
RECOGNITIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
5. RECOGNITION OF MR. BILL HOUSE ON THE OCCASION OF HIS RETIREMENT AS COUNTY ATTORNEY.
6. RECOGNITION OF THE WHITE COUNTY FINANCE DEPARTMENT FOR RECEIPT OF THE CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT FOR EXCELLENCE IN FINANCIAL REPORTING FOR FISCAL YEAR 2016 FROM THE GOVERNMENT FINANCE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION.
7. MR. RON WEBB, NORTHEAST GEORGIA VETERAN’S SOCIETY, TO PRESENT INFORMATION TO THE BOARD CONCERNING A PROPOSED MILITARY MONUMENT.
8. CONSIDER AWARD OF THE CONTRACT FOR THE PHASE 2 TRAIL CONSTRUCTION AT YONAH PRESERVE.
9. MR. KEVIN HAMBY, SPLOST MANAGER, TO PRESENT THE MONTHLY SPLOST STATUS REPORT.
10. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF A VEHICLE LEASE AGREEMENT FOR SEVEN (7) VEHICLES FOR THE WHITE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE.
11. CONSIDER RENEWAL OF THE CONTRACT FOR GROUNDS MAINTENANCE SERVICES FOR FREEDOM PARK WITH THE CHATTAHOOCHEE GROUP, INC.
12. CONSIDER THE AWARD OF THE BID FOR THE HVAC MAINTENANCE CONTRACT FOR ALL COUNTY FACILITIES EXCEPT THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE / DETENTION CENTER.
13. CONSIDER THE AWARD OF THE CONTRACT FOR ROOF CONSTRUCTION OF THE CORONER’S OFFICE ENTRANCE.
14. CONSIDER AWARD OF THE BID FOR A EMERGENCY MOBILE GENERATOR FOR WHITE COUNTY EMA.
15. CONSIDER A CONTRACT WITH FIRE RECOVERY, INC. FOR THE BILLING OF FIRE RESPONSE FEES AND ADOPTION OF A FEE SCHEDULE ACCORDING TO FEMA GUIDELINES.
16. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE FOLLOWING ANNUAL AGENCY CONTRACTS FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2018 BUDGET YEAR:
* AVITA COMMUNITY PARTNERS (MENTAL HEALTH);
* COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT;
* ENOTAH ANTI-DRUG COALITION;
* ENOTAH COURT APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATES (CASA);
* FAMILY CONNECTIONS;
* LEGACY LINK, INC.;
* SAUTEE NACOOCHEE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION;
* WHITE COUNTY BOARD OF LIBRARY TRUSTEES;
* WHITE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE;
* WHITE COUNTY CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU;
* WHITE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY & CHILDREN SVCS;
* WHITE COUNTY EXTENSION SERVICE; AND
* WHITE COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY.
17. CONSIDER BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
* PLANNING COMMISSION – ONE (1) APPOINTMENT TO FULFILL THE REMAINDER OF A THREE (3) YEAR TERM TO EXPIRE 12/31/2019; AND
* DEPT. OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH & DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES, REGION 1 – ONE (1) APPOINTMENT TO FULFILL A THREE (3) YEAR TERM TO EXPIRE 06/30/2020.
18. CONSIDER THE FISCAL YEAR 2018 PROPERTY & LIABILITY INSURANCE RENEWAL WITH ACCG-IRMA (ASSOCIATION COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF GEORGIA-INTERLOCAL RISK MANAGEMENT AGENCY).
19. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF A SURPLUS RESOLUTION FOR VARIOUS COUNTY OWNED PROPERTY TO BE SOLD BY ONLINE AUCTION VIA GOVDEALS.
20. MS. VICKI MAYS, FINANCE DIRECTOR, TO PRESENT THE MONTHLY FINANCIAL STATUS REPORT.
COUNTY MANAGER COMMENTS
* JULY 3, 2017 – NO MEETING TO BE HELD
* JULY 4, 2017 – COUNTY OFFICES CLOSED IN OBSERVANCE OF INDEPENDENCE DAY
OTHER MEETINGS WILL BE SCHEDULED DURING THE MONTH OF JULY FOR THE ADOPTION OF THE 2017 MILLAGE RATE.