CLEVELAND, Ga. – The White County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on the proposed fiscal year 2018-19 budget and a land use application regarding property on Dock Dorsey Road Monday, June 11, at 4:30 p.m. to be followed immediately by a called meeting.
The land use application was filed by Donald Almand to redistrict 2.806 acres from C-1 Community Commercial District to C-2 Highway Business District.
Commissioners will also get a report on the damage the flash flooding earlier this month did to the county and the recovery progress. Public Safety Director David Murphy estimated last week the storm did at least $1 million in damage.
Other items to be considered, include:
- Approval of the intergovernmental agreement with the cities of Cleveland and Helen regarding the proposed 2020 special purpose local option sales tax (SPLOST);
- Approval of the cost estimate to stripe Asbestos Road;
- Approval of the state’s revocable license agreement for the purpose of widening and paving Joe Franklin Road on state-owned property (Smithgall Woods);
- Approval of a grant application to the staffing for adequate fire and emergency response (SAFR) program;
- Approval of the 2018-19 Association County Commissioners of Georgia (ACCG) property and liability insurance proposal;
- Approval of 2017-18 budget amendments; and
- Approval of appointments to the Family and Children’s Services Board, Development Authority Board, Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Avita Community Partners Board and the Industrial Building Authority Board.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. FYN attracts 300,000+ page views per month, 3.5 million impressions per month and approximately 15,000 viewers per week on FYNTV.com and up to 60,000 Facebook page reach. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com