CLEVELAND Ga. – The White County Board of Commissioners will hold a combined work session and called meeting Monday (May 21) at 4:30 p.m. Aside from tomorrow’s meeting, however, there will be several changes in the meeting schedule over the next three weeks.
County offices will be closed and there is no meeting scheduled May 28 in observance of Memorial Day. The June 4 meeting is also canceled. On June 11, commissioners will hold a budget public hearing and called meeting. Then, on June 18, there will be a called meeting to adopt the fiscal year 2018-’19 budget.
Commissioners have a busy agenda to address at tomorrow’s meeting, including consideration of SPLOST-funded road improvements to be approved for bidding this spring.
Other agenda items to be addressed, include:
- Approval of jail use agreements with the cities of Helen and Cleveland;
- Approval of a resolution supporting Truett McConnell University’s request to reduce the posted speed limit from 45 mph to 35 mph in proximity to the campus on Hwy. 115;
- Renewal of the memorandum of understanding with the International Mountain Bicycling Association/Southern Off-Road Bicycle Association;
- Approval of White County Chamber of Commerce’s request for funding of a grant request for the Passport to Outdoor Adventure Tourism Product Development;
- Review of the contract with Advanced Disposal for operation of the White County Transfer Station;
- Adoption of an amendment to the county vehicle use policy;
- Appointments to the Department of Family and Children’ Services Board, Development Authority, Chamber of Commerce Board, Avita Community Partners Board of Directors and Industrial Building Authority.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. FYN attracts 300,000+ page views per month, 3.5 million impressions per month and approximately 15,000 viewers per week on FYNTV.com and up to 60,000 Facebook page reach. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com